Charlie Chaplin was one of the greatest entertainers of the 20th century. Born on 16 April 1889, Charlie Chaplin rose from humble origins to one of the tallest names in world cinema. He worked in silent films, and carved his own image as The Tramp. His defining moustache and dressing style have been imitated by many actors after him. Like every great man, Charlie Chaplin, too, had his thoughts on life.
21 Charlie Chaplin Quotes That Can Change The Way You Look At Life
1. You’ll never find a rainbow if you’re looking down.
2. Life is a tragedy when seen in close-up, but a comedy in long-shot. To truly laugh, you must be able to take your pain, and play with it!
3. We think too much and feel too little.
4. Nothing is permanent in this wicked world, not even our troubles.
5. My pain may be the reason for somebody’s laugh. But my laugh must never be the reason for somebody’s pain.
6. Imagination means nothing without doing.
7. You need Power, only when you want to do something harmful otherwise. Love is enough to get everything done.
8. The mirror is my best friend because when I cry it never laughs.
9. A day without laughing is a day wasted.
10. Life is a play that does not allow testing. So sing, cry, dance, laugh and live intensely before the curtain closes and the piece ends with no applause.
11. I always like walking in the rain, so no one can see me crying.
12. The saddest thing I can imagine is to get used to luxury.
13. A man’s true character comes out when he’s drunk.
14. Life could be wonderful if people would leave you alone.
15. Your naked body should only belong to those who fall in love with your naked soul.
16. I believe in the power of laughter and tears as an antidote to hatred and terror.
17. You have to believe in yourself. That’s the secret.
18. Simplicity is not a simple thing.
19. In the end, everything is a gag.
20. Failure is unimportant. It takes courage to make a fool of yourself.
21. The hate of men will pass, and dictators die, and the power they took from the people will return to the people. And so long as men die, liberty will never perish.